Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
As every Xmas eve I publish my report about the passing year. During last 4 years I had developed and/or released more than 40 games
. Also few games on EyePhone
- by myself and via others. Still I have only one portal
and one blog
. I was trying to launch other projects - like new portal, facebook-game-shop, some minor things - but in general they all had already failed or on the way to be closed =(
Here are some Numbers:
In total I was able to earn - $230,870
. The first year it was - $40,468, the second - $28,329, the third - $76,734, the forth - $85,370
. In average per month - $4800, or $7100 if consider only last year.
- money from selling exclusive/primary licenses, Ads
- money from advertisements, Others
- selling url-locks, non-exclusive, sources, Portal
- money from ads on portal (there are other sources of income there, but they are all small and less than $100), Micro
- money from micro-payments, Apple
- earnings from AppleStore & MacStore.
We have a new item in the list - Apple! I hope I`ll earn more with Apple next year. Micro - as I told you last year - will be less. It was predictable - there is no more portals left that accept games with Microtransactions. Game has to be super-hit like 'KingdomRush' or 'GemCraft' - but in general this kind of games can earn money via any kind of model =)
Now about sad things - my expenses. Last years I spent almost nothing - just for paying for servers, additional art and music. This year I decided to hire external coders for routine job - porting games via licenses. It turned out as total failure =( reasons was obvious:
- Managing and testing took away an incredible amount of time.
- Chat. Unnecessary talk or questions. The fourth questions from code programmers took more time than the code itself.
- In the beginning of the year I supposed to manage not alone, but it happened that I manage with 8 projecs at the same time and programming another 4. As a result, I failed some promises and led some people and companies. I plan to fix and restore my promises to February 2012.
In total for 2011 I spend around $35k
as payments to coders, servers and support, additional art and sounds, taxes.
Game that generated more money per title to one person, still the same - EF:Conqest
($13k). The most cool title - Red Storm
What am I planning to do next year?
In the first place to improve the quality of games - It has a positive impact on them after start.
To do more games for AppleStore - and to do myself
, not from other studious.
To develop portal - to buy advertising, released my own games with с advertising of my portal.
I am going to make a mini-conference only for indie-flash-developers and flash portal owners.(In Kaliningrad region, in May)
To orient the game developing to multiplatform.
Shortly, it`s the same plan as it was 2 years ago.=)